Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Starting my Study Abroad in Japan Experience!

First of all I would like to say Happy Holidays to everyone!!! I hope Santa brought you what you really wanted, and you enjoyed time with friends and family. I had a great Christmas with my family and had my friend, a study abroad student from Japan, staying with me also! During her time with me, we made a video discussing studying abroad from Japan to America and vice versa. She spoke from the p.o.v of someone who is already studying abroad, and I spoke from p.o.v. of someone in the planing stages.


So in this video we just wanted to try and address any concerns or feelings that either side may have when studying abroad! In my honest opinion, I can't even imagine how different my college experience would have been/would be had I not met some AMAZING people who chose to study abroad at my school. I hope I can still feel the same way once I'm the one who get's to study abroad (& honestly I think I will lol). I don't want to do too much talking *typing* because I know the video itself is pretty lengthy and detailed!

On another note, having my friend with me was a great experience for both of us! We wanted to share some pictures of our time together in hopes that even if you chose to not study abroad, maybe you will allow your home to be a home stay location for exchange/study abroad students!!

Oh just some Japanese grocery shopping going on ^^


 & to the right we made dinner together for the family! (Yaki Soba!)

Taking pictures while listening to BigBang..our usual routine lol. 

& Finally spending the holidays with my whole family!








So thanks reading and watching! I hope for those of you who were confused or skeptical on studying abroad, this post helped you out somewhat! Enjoy the rest of your holidays! 









No comments:

Post a Comment